We’ve been shortlisted in two categories at the UK Packaging Awards 2017.
We’re in the line-up for:
- The Consumer Convenience Award – for our Hot HandRap.
- The Best New Concept Award – for the FibreRap.
The UK Packaging Awards ceremony takes place on 22nd November at Grosvenor House Hotel, London.
The awards include the most influential experts in packaging development, design and business.
Ergonomic design, transportation and space savings
Shortlisted in the Consumer Convenience Award, the Hot HandRap is perfect for sandwiches, Panini, hot dogs and burgers, and is an industry game changer.
Combining lightweight paper, profiled carton board and hot food packaging, the Hot HandRap suits all hot food-to-go products.
Key benefits include:
- An ergonomic design making it easy for consumers to eat on the move.
- The Hot HandRap comes flat pack, which means it provides great savings on transportation and storage space.
- The design of the packaging is environmentally friendly as it uses renewable materials.
Lightweight, sustainable and scalable packaging
Our second shortlisted product is the FibreRap – which is in the running for the Best New Concept Award.
Suitable for thin food products such as sliced meats and cheese, FibreRap is a shallow tray made predominantly with paper.
The packaging is designed to deliver first-class results for both food producers and consumers, and can be packed and sealed using the same equipment as traditional plastic trays.
- Plastic is reduced by 80% as, unlike unsustainable shallow plastic trays with lidding film, the packaging is made from thermoformed paper combined with film.
- The FibreRap is an ultra-lightweight packaging solution, and delivers a 60% reduction in weight, when compared with the average weight of a thermoformed pack.
- Packaging Waste Regulations (PRN) weight and plastics obligations are reduced.
Julian Money, Founder of RAP, comments:
“We’re delighted to be shortlisted for two awards in one of the most prestigious award ceremonies in the packaging industry.
“These nominations recognise our ongoing commitment to intelligent design, excellence in manufacturing and exceptional service.
“We wish all companies that entered the awards the best of luck and we’re looking forward to the awards ceremony.”